Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues, which includes:
- Providing assistance to Manufacturing team in order to maintain the production of radiation detectors and neutron generators
- Investigating and addressing issues experienced worldwide to operate these devices
- Leading collaboration with subject matter experts from other disciplines, which include manufacturing process engineers (brazing, cleaning, assembly, testing), high-energy/nuclear physicists, Electrical component technologists, material specialists, and thermal management experts
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must be able to obtain clearance to work with controlled technologies and dual-use goods
- 4 to 7 years of relevant or similar experience is preferred, with:
- Designing and/or manufacture of ultra-vacuum and/or high voltage (> 50kV) systems
- High temperature (200°C) materials for high-shock applications
- Working in high energy physics or nuclear instrumentation
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.