The role involves providing technical support to customers and operations for the FES (Fluids Environmental Solutions) services and products involving Solids Control, Cuttings Conveyance and Fluids Processing. The position will be the primary global point of contact for all technical needs related to Fluids Environmental Solutions projects, products and services. It will report to the Global Operations Service Delivery Manager and will include the supervision of technical support engineers. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support, guidance, and information for Fluids Environmental Services related applications and products
- Advise operations and sales personnel, customers, and potential customers on the application of Solids control, Cuttings and Fluids handling related products and/or services.
- Utilize proprietary BHGE software
- Create and provide technical presentations to customers as necessary to update them on BHGE products and services.
- Provide technical support to operations by:
- Providing product application expertise
- Initiating testing in response to field requirements and customer requests
- Applying computer modeling
- Ensuring products and services are used correctly and procedures are followed
- Providing support with the deployment of new technologies
- Assist in the preparation of bids and tenders
- Train customers and/or BHGE personnel on new products and systems.
- Assist in planning and execution of critical wells
- Develop expertise in selected Subject Matter Expertise (SME) area(s) and apply to operations as appropriate
- Be the point of contact for operations personnel within designated geo-region
- Build collaboration and cross-training of Fluids and Fluids Environmental Services (FES) personnel.
- Interface with customers to develop equipment programs and ensure proper application of products and services.
- Lead the implementation of standard operations process
- Implement the new process in the field while documenting results.
- Collaborate with regional sales, operations, marketing, business development, and R&D to develop and champion product and services design improvements
- Write documents detailing proper procedures and use of products (e.g., Operations Manuals, Technical Data Sheets, Customer Reports, Well Programs)
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical/engineering/science field of study
- 15+ years of experience in Operations/Engineering/Technical support environment within the Fluids Environmental solutions that includes field experience
- Comprehensive, specialized knowledge of equipment and technologies and the field application onshore and offshore (solids control equipment, cuttings conveyance and processing, drilling and completion fluids waste management, water treatment, equipment automation, disposal/ discharge regulations ).
- Ability to solve substantially difficult problems of complex nature and broad scope.
- Technical expertise. Ability to create innovative approaches to problems.
- Equipment: Basic Office Equipment, i.e., computer, printer, fax, scanner, copier, etc., mud testing equipment, mud handling and storage equipment at the well site, i.e., tanks, pumps, mixers, lines and valves, generator operation.
- Math: College level math, business statistics.
Verbal: be able to listen, understand, ask questions, and follow supervisor directions/instructions.
Read:have the ability to read and comprehend occasional detailed written orders for non-routine or special assignments, operating manuals, and other written communications.
Written: be able to complete/log standard forms, record data, and write complex definitive professional memos and technical reports.
- Advanced technical, written and verbal skills.
- Strong ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and customer focused with a drive for results.
- Self-motivated with ability to work without direct supervision
- Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Onshore and offshore technologies and international experience is a must.
- The position requires working in an office environment 75% and in the field 25% overnight travel and may include both domestic and international travel.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more