Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Solutions Analyst I, Financial provides application support to end users on a variety of issues/support for PeopleSoft Modules - Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Value Added Tax. Responsible for application support of additional corporate global standard or local applications as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead PeopleSoft or other application projects through the Project Management lifecycle, including define business requirements, create project plans with phases, milestones, and go-live dates, ensure effective organizational change management with all business units & service lines worldwide ensuring compliance with Corporate standards.
- Communicate and lead all approved PeopleSoft Financial Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Value Added Tax, other applications as required, initiatives/priorities with management, end users, IT and other support organizations.
- Proactively and in response to the business, identify issues, limitations, and deficiencies in the custom application configuration and delivered application software. Research potential solutions and provide recommendations to management.
- Initiate ideas for functionality and enhancements based on business process improvements. Take a proactive approach to continually learn and propose "best practices" and standards to correct or improve business processes as related to application responsibilities.
- Responsible for application design, development, & configuration changes as required for PeopleSoft Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Value Added Tax or other application projects such as system implementations, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Define business requirements to meet PeopleSoft Financial application business imperatives.
- Responsible for system testing and coordinate all integration and user testing of all PeopleSoft Financial application solutions, including upgrades, to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Create technical and functional documentation for system adminstration purposes, user support, & training.
- Detailed understanding of the various host application (PeopleSoft) modules integrated with Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Value Added Tax and how implemented & used by business users at Oceaneering.
- Develop "best practices" and standards; develop systems' interfaces with other enterprise system owners to ensure that business processes are streamlined and business goals are achieved.
- Ensure effective organizational change management for PeopleSoft Financial application including training, communications, and organizational alignment.
- Maintain a website on the Oceanet dedicated to the PeopleSoft Financial system which provides information to financial end users on matters related to PS System financial policies and procedures, end user problem resolution, frequently asked questions (FAQs), etc.
- Measure and report on the impact of the PeopleSoft Financial application on business process efficiency, effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Possible Travel both internationally and domestically.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience on PeopleSoft version 8.8 or higher and PeopleSoft Financial application
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in business process development, analysis and continuous improvement with the PeopleSoft domain.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with at least one of the following modules: PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Payable, Cash management, or Value Added Tax.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with software lifecycle including data conversion and system testing.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with SQL and proficiency with table structure of area or responsibility.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials multi-currency environment(s).
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with at least one of the following modules: PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Receivable, Bill, Contracts, Expenses, Asset Management, General Ledger, Project Costing.
- Background in Accounting
- Master Degree.
- Working knowledge of interfacing with other PS production environments and third party applications.
- Solid team leadership and management skills.
- Prior experience working with multiple cultures and nationalities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.