Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Recruitment Fraud Alert
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud involving job opportunities through communications such as unsolicited emails, online recruitment services such as LinkedIn, bogus websites, and text messages claiming to be from Parker Drilling. The aim of the fraud is to obtain personal information or money. Recent incidents have occurred involving both individuals and organizations falsely claiming to recruit on behalf of Parker Drilling. These emails and offer letters often appear legitimate and may include job description, salary, and benefit details. Prospective candidates may be instructed by fraudsters to pay them fees for immigration and visa application/processing services. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
This position in the Accounting Department will perform, or assist in performing, moderate to complex financial analysis and support the creation of timely and accurate financial statements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Process month-end, quarter-end and year-end account analysis and preparation of related journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Accounts for intercompany transactions
- Reviews and analyzes transactions on the legal entity basis.
- Assist in supporting the Company's complex legal entity structure
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports to display operating performance.
- Support the daily cash transactions process from Treasury to Accounting.
- Support the Accounts Receivable payment application process.
- Identify and document policies in key areas of responsibility.
- Exhibit friendly, positive and team-like behavior.
- Prepare periodically required Government Reports.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Should have at least 4 years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of inter-company relationships and ability to account for intercompany transactions is preferred.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be able to operate a 10 key by touch and type 40+ WPM.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Oracle, Hyperion HFM and/or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable of GAAP.
- Must be proficient with data upload processes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.