Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Ensure welding program is in compliance with all safety, quality, technical, and housekeeping standards. Completes all welding to meet production requirements of stainless steel tubing used in umbilical manufacturing facility. Resolve technical questions and issues associated with welding operations and work with customers on work performed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality welding of 3/8" to 4" exotic grades of metal tubing.
- Complete welds in various positions, sometimes difficult to access.
- Expereinced Gas Tungsten Arc welding of tubing and ability to pass NDT testing (RT and/or PT)
- Set up equipment for task and follow Weld Procedure Specifications
- Ability to qualfy new prcedures and processes on a variety of alloys and thicknesses.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime will be required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- 2 or more years of related experience in welding position with tubing and exotic metals.
- Ability to pass the 6G welding testing.
- Experienced GTAW welder.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access the work location at Port of Panama City, FL.
- ASME GTAW qualifications preferred.
- Orbital machine welding a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.