Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Oceaneering Marine Services Division is looking for an experienced Waterfront Engineering Specialist to provide technical expertise and analytical support in the resolution to Condition Reports (CR) that are generated as a result of modifications to the Statement of Work (SOW), Technical Work Documents (TWD) or as found conditions in the performance of work. The Waterfront Engineering Specialist, also repares technical reports/instructions to support contracts; resolves conflicts and/or determine testing requirements for certification of production work performed for contracts. In this role, it is imperitive to provide accurate, timely response to CRs submitted by various activities. In keeping with the mission of Oceaneering, to \"Solve the Unsolvable\" this Engineering Specialist provide resolution for technical issues concerning maintenance, will assist in preparation of any additional documentation required, i.e., LARs, DFSs, etc., and prepares sketches and/or drawings to support resolutions of CRs when required or by a contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop technical reports/instructions through review of applicable drawings and references, to include all available TVD, LARs, CRs and pending revision information.
- Develop engineering sketches or drawings in support of technical solutions.
- Produce DFSs for submission to NAVSEA.
- Prepare LARs for submittal to the applicable PY.
- Provide support in the determination of technical accuracy and evaluation of requests for drawing requirement clarification/drawing revision to onsite production personnel.
- Interface with Purchasing Department, Technical Staff, and vendors as required to develop Job Material Lists as a result of Condition Reports.
- Assist in maintaining the master database of technical documents on electronic media for configuration management in accordance with published procedures.
- Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, and specifications of testing requirements for all contracts.
- Provide recommended resolution to conditions reported on Condition Reports. Resolution will include all associated research, identified discrepancies, corrective course of action and applicable Technical Authority concurrence when required. Provide process improvement recommendations to the Engineering Specialist Supervisor
- Attend project meetings to provide input as necessary.
- A. S. in engineering discipline preferred; High School/GED required.
- Five years of experience in military, government, defense industry, or private industry in progressively more complex. scientific, technical, analytical, or other related areas, with at least three years of experience in relevant ship repair or Submarine Systems may be substituted for degree. Experience involving shipboard piping systems, ship and submarine structure, and/or weapons delivery systems is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following: Scope of Certification (SOC), DDS Specifications, SUBSAFE, Material Control (SOC, , L1); JFMM Requirements for Deviations, Waivers, LARs, etc.; shipboard HM&E systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments, troubleshooting, etc.), blue prints, MILSPEC, Mil-Std, ISO/ASME requirements.
- Familiarity with various COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) software, as well as US Navy software (ATIS, SVTMs, PMS, SCLSIS, PC Bolts, etc.). Effectively communicates with personnel at a management level and outside the company.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background knowledge in government and commercial contract requirements.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire "US Citizens" who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its' facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Essential Job Functions :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The shipyard/base/manufacturing work environment; the site may contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various temperatures and noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
Employee may be required to do the following: ability to access and work in confined spaces, reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movement of eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment; lifting 50 lbs from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, etc.; ascending/descending inclined ships gangways; climbing ladders, standing; crawling, squatting, bending, sitting; walking; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction; following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards. Protective equipment will be required to be worn at all times. This is Medium work.
(Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of work frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.