Skills: Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Person
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position leads the Inventory Team in coordinating the activities to process material through Oceaneering by receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard locations; ensures the material flows through the supply chain; and keep and compile stock.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe workplace for all personnel and materials in your charge.
- Ensure documentation and materials necessary to perform the work in assigned work center are available and maintained.
- Communicate with assigned work center lead(s), Inventory Manager, Purchasing Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Technical Manager, Configuration/Planning Manager, Regional SCM Managers, and other personnel as required to ensure timely flow of information regarding problems or concerns.
- Maintain proper accountability of all materials in the warehouse from receipt of goods through issue.
- Manage return of materials to Inventory as required, documentation, and physical return of material(s).
- Provide feedback on the status of in process orders to ensure on time completion of schedule milestones.
- Review schedules and identify risks / problem issues. Develop work around, contingencies, and expedite materials / information as required.
- Develop product knowledge of those materials used in the manufacture / support of Oceaneering's ROV systems.
- Understand the manufacturing build sequence in order to best support the overall production schedule.
- Perform Night / Weekend / Holiday duty as required by schedule.
- Back-up for on call personnel.
- Customer Service Focus.
- Practice CI concepts in order to improve processes. Propose possible solutions to problems identified.
- Communicate across business functions; Manufacturing, Inventory, Purchasing, Technical, Configuration Management.
- Learn and continuously use 6 S methodologies to drive improvements to the workplace
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Four (4) to six (6) years' experience in an inventory environment; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.