Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, they will provide reactive support for the Test and Calibration pillar, contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
· Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities in cost of quality (COQ) projects and product yield improvements.
· Take ownership when investigating performance issues to root cause and implementing solutions, proof of validation of solutions, in line with customer expectations.
· Responsible for the containment of work in progress. Take action to minimise impact to yield, COQ, communicate potential yield loss/ delivery impact cross functionally.
· Responsible for containment. Organise and own actions of material review board, work cross functionally with Quality and drive actions to deliver in line with customer expectations.
· Communication with customer. Email, Skype, telepresence
· Continually and effectively communicate to manager, senior pillar and business leadership on progress of workload to help maintain team cohesion in this agile environment.
· Ensure lessons learnt are communicated and documented cross functionally, read across is considered and implemented as necessary.
· Take ownership and responsibility of documentation and maintain various administration portals, visual management systems internal and external.
· Responsible for the development of assembly processes and procedures.
· Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
· Engineering degree or relevant experienced Manufacturing Engineer. Must have an excellent level of understanding of electromechanical assembly and interactions. Specifically, around analogue and digital electronics, product and process knowledge. Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, data analysis.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and statistical process control tools.
· Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Must have knowledge of sensor manufacture and the use of measurement equipment used. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
· Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
· Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
· Experience of using SAP software
· Mechanical Engineering experience
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Apprentice
· Experience with pressure measurement technologies Knowledge Manufacturing process and design
· Customer facing experience.
· Leicester - Groby
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more