Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Recruitment Fraud Alert
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud involving job opportunities through communications such as unsolicited emails, online recruitment services such as LinkedIn, bogus websites, and text messages claiming to be from Parker Drilling. The aim of the fraud is to obtain personal information or money. Recent incidents have occurred involving both individuals and organizations falsely claiming to recruit on behalf of Parker Drilling. These emails and offer letters often appear legitimate and may include job description, salary, and benefit details. Prospective candidates may be instructed by fraudsters to pay them fees for immigration and visa application/processing services. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
This position is responsible for providing support to Parker Drilling's Business Development team. This position will be responsible for executing Parker Drilling's marketing communication and design initiatives; perform this position effectively, strong characteristics in communication, writing, social-media, visual conceptualization, digital illustration, and effective communications are required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Manage company communications on media sites, website, social media etc.
- Develop and maintain standardized communications for all Parker marketing material.
- Manage all Parker marketing material, brochures, presentations etc.
- Manage promotional events at trade shows and other venues, coordinating with our staff to ensure prompt delivery of materials and merchandise.
- Collaborate with department heads or staff (Sales, Operations etc) to discuss selection of advertising media, products to be advertised and other marketing related events and issues.
- Identify weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as to brainstorm fresh strategies.
- Develop case studies together with the drilling advisor for marketing purposes.
- Create a wide range of modern graphics and layouts for marketing materials infographics, social media, websites, and other media
- Consult with internal business unit partners on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Conceptualize visuals based on messaging requirements from business unit partners
- Coordinate with outside agencies, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline is required
- 5+ years work experience as a Marketing Coordinator or Graphic Designer or in a related field is preferred
- Previous work experience with a Drilling Contractor or related oilfield operations is considered a plus
- Experience in Social Media Communication
- Experience with photography and photo editing software is a plus
- Proficiency in desktop publishing tools such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is preferred.
- Must have strong PC skills in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing to ensure delivery of completed work on schedule.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Should have demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Should have excellent analytical skills
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong attention to detail a strong eye for visual composition
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the Corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from QHSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.