Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Heavy Lift / Pipelay
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Lifting & Maintenance Supervisor will work in a multi-cultural and challenging environment, closely with the Maintenance, Materials, HSE, Quality teams and BH contractors to provide guidance and supervision of all aspects of lifting and maintenance activities within the services facility. In this role, the Lifting & Maintenance Supervisor will be a member of the Equipment Assurance team and report directly to the Workshop Manager.
· Manage Lifting & Maintenance operations and various day to day facility activities.
· Identification and implementation of good work practices and ideas to improve efficiency and safety of working environment.
· Actively seek out best practices and share with the BH Global teams.
· Utilize the established Management of Change (MOC) procedures for addressing facility changes/issues.
· Responsible for receiving, shipping and storing of materials (Tools, Equipment, Spares) to ensure both quality and quantity.
· Responsible for creation, maintaining and implementation of Site-specific Lifting Plans & Safety Risk Assessments (including the Permit to Work system).
· Act as the designated appointed person and site Lifting Council and be a resource for lifting expertise and excellence.
· Actively participate in all HSE activities including meetings, safety concern reporting, hazard hunts, stop work program.
· Supervise the Lifting & Maintenance team to ensure the operational targets and plans are met.
· Ensure that all lifting equipment and lifting accessories are fully inspected, certified and maintained to a high standard.
· Ensure that high standards of hygiene and housekeeping are maintained at the services facility.
· Ensure that all lifting, maintenance & facility activities are performed in accordance with required codes and specifications.
· Interact with other employees of the Company, partners, and suppliers for the purpose of carrying out his/her employment duties.
· Submit proposals to his/her head as to improving the process and efficiency of internal communications.
· Participate in regular meetings with all other functions on site.
· Perform other job specific related duties as assigned by Manager.
· Familiarity with upstream Oil & Gas equipment and tools specifications and procedures.
· Over 5 years of Experience in Heavy/Critical Lifts in Oil % Gas Industry.
· Experience in Subsea and Capital Drilling equipment (e.g. Diverter, Risers, Wellhead systems)
· Level-3 Rigging & Lifting certified candidates is preferred.
· Able to perform Analytical Calculations and prepare Lift Plans and Safety Risk Assessment.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing in a technical environment.
· Valid medical examination certificates
· Analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
· Very good interpersonal communication skills, both vertically and horizontally in the organisation
· Open-minded and good team-player
· Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel etc)
· Ability to obtain all required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications by the Company.
· Strong HSE & compliance attributes
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a materials management or operations position)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more