Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Leads the UK Process Safety compliance and improvement programs for Chemical & Industrial Services (C&IS) Manufacturing enterprise
· Ensure sustainable compliance strategy and tactics are developed and implemented at UK chemical plants.
· Work with the Global Process Safety Manager to develop and implement a single Process Safety Standard ensuring compliance with OSHA PSM, EPA RMP and COMAH.
· Lead the COMAH compliance activities for the Kirkby and Aberdeen plants
· Be a Subject Matter Expert on COMAH regulations and compliance
· Be a Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP) Subject Matter Expert
· Be a Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Subject Matter Expert
· Communicate and collaborate with key cross functional teams (i.e. Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Training, HS&E, etc.)
· Track and present program information and status updates
· Consult and participate in developing solutions to Action Items
· Review and monitor process safety incidents and near misses to develop key learnings and opportunities for improvements
· Investigate process safety incidents
· Develop, report and monitor of Process Safety Performance Indicators (PSPIs)
· Provide technical guidance to site and supply chain leaders regarding compliance issues
· Provide technical guidance to site and operation leaders regarding compliance issues
· Develop, manage, and conduct Process Safety Compliance Audits/Inspections
· Promote best practice sharing
· Represent the organization in outside discussions, forums and professional organizations
· Coach, mentor and develop less experienced team members
· Manage special projects as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Process Safety)
· Formal Root Cause Analysis Training
· Auditing Experience
· Formal Hazard Review Facilitation Training
· Experience in a Process Safety covered chemical manufacturing environment (possibly gained over 10 years)
· Demonstrated experience influencing teams
· Demonstrated experience leading sustainable change
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of COMAH regulations
· Hazard awareness and risk mitigation
· Strong leadership and team building skills
· Demonstrated success in changing work environments
· Ability to lead change initiatives
· Ability to develop and implement strategy and tactics
· Ability to act both independently and in teams
· Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations
· Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances
· Ability to constructively resolve conflict and overcome obstacles
· Ability to build rapport and influence across matrix structures, management and leadership and through others
· Ability to engage both technical and non-technical personnel
· Demonstrate critical thinking skills
· Training, coaching, facilitating, and presentation skills
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Project Management skills
· Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including focus on Excel
· Skills in using industry accepted software packages to ensure COMAH compliance
· Awareness of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
· Follow corporate and plant specific HSE policies and procedures
Kirkby, Merseyside, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more