Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Other Skills: Operational experience in Refinery, Storage of refrigerated liquefied petroleum gas
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ma'ameer, Bahrain
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Direct routine, abnormal and emergency condition operations of the C3/C4 RLPG storage unit.
• Provide a high degree of skill, experience and storage knowledge, to devise and implement storage strategies in order to obtain profitable operation of the C3/C4 RLPG unit and ensure long term sustainability.
• Monitors the Section's compliance to the Agreed Operation Plan, via the Daily Order Book, manages his staff to ensure that the unit No. 051 is effectively controlled and operated in safe manner in accordance with the Safety Guide for the storage of the refrigerated liquefied petroleum gas products and to minimise product contamination and business interruption risks arising from operational, security, emergency and pollution incidents.
• Co-ordinates the preparation of new, reviews and updates existing, Standard Operating Procedures, QA documents, Standing Instructions and in-house method statements to minimise risk in the workplace, ensure that new equipment is ready for safe start-up and to assure the quality of the products stored and exported to/ from Sitra unit No. 051.
• Facilitates the safe operation of Sitra refrigerated C3/C4 LPG products storage unit No. 051 assets within their design parameters through effective implementation of the Process Safety Management system, which involves chairing MOC and attending HAZOP meetings and providing the input to proactive and reactive monitoring management systems to minimise operational incidents. These include health, safety, environmental and quality audits, incident investigation recommendation follow-up, preparation of key performance and lead/lag indicator monthly reports for Management, safety sampling and planned area inspections.
• Conducts and represents OS&E in incident investigations using root cause analysis to determine areas for continuous improvement.
(a) BSc in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent higher level qualification preferred.
(b) Minimum 10 years operational experience in refining and storage of refrigerated liquefied petroleum gas in a supervisory capacity.
(c) Must have advanced knowledge of company operations.
(d) Must be a clear thinker with considerable man management skills, together with excellent administrative and organising abilities.
(e) Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Advanced skills in computer based applications.