The Senior Analyst - Operational Systems (Maximo) is skilled in the management and support of one or more operational applications and provides support services to business users. The primary focus for the Analyst is to be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the Maximo application environment to maximize availability and performance, provide troubleshooting and corrective action to resolve business issues, and insures the usability and support for application enhancements and bug fixes. Secondarily the Analyst will provide similar support for other operational systems including Environmental and Data Historian environments. The Analyst will act as a Subject Matter Expert for application functionality, solutions, training, and documentation. Although the Analyst position is not a pure development role it will require the use of some development/programmer competencies to complete work efforts. Tasks / Responsibilities
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of functional aspects of application and associated business processes
- Provide functional and/or technical direction/assistance for assigned applications
- Lead internal Maximo projects to completion
- Monitor incoming service requests and incidents for assigned application(s)Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents according to their priority/rank, and identify the resolution and/or issue
- Work directly with users to identify and resolve issues adversely impacting business processes
- Define technical solutions ensuring considerations for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
- Identify solution alternatives to address issues raised throughout service request or incident lifecycle
- Utilize 3rd parties and vendor support as defined within existing support arrangements, and escalate additional (billable) support to appropriate IT management for approval
- Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g. change management, communication, and release management)
- Complete high level designs and associated estimates to meet defined requirements
- Monitor application backlog (service requests, incidents) and keep open items updated with current efforts
- Maintain documentation (run books, technical design, build, deployment, install guides) and process standards in area of responsibility along with regular audits to validate accuracy
- Develop documentation and provide training to users as appropriate
- Define potential improvement changes to resolve errors, prevent the recurrence of problems or improve system maintainability and stability for assigned applications
- Provide input to IT Project Management Office to support clear and concise requirements definitions
- Assist team members handling major incidents for assigned applications; identify the root cause and short or long term solutions
- Informally mentor less experienced team members on an as needed basis
- Prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other team members and IT Management
- Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in supporting Maximo implementations
- 5 plus years of experience supporting SCADA applications
- 5 plus years of experience in SCADA protocols and data communications
- Proficient in Maximo Integration Framework (MIF) architecture and design.
- Experience developing custom applications and enhanced configuration of the Maximo application
- Experience in developing BIRT Reports and Adhoc Reports within Maximo.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
- 3 plus years of experience with Windows Server and Client OS, TCP/IP networks and control network (OT) security practices
- 3 plus years of experience in application development or a programming language
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture, organize, and analyze information.
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies.
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions.
- Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner.
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Ability to deal with internal employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 20%).
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Working knowledge and experience in SCADA Cloud systems.
- Data historians (Uniformance PHD) and integration of tag data (run hours) within maintenance or environmental systems
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.