The Subject Matter Expert is responsible for providing expert support, analysis and research into Accounts Payable / B2P complex problems and processes, playing a prominent consultative role to the Organization.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter.
- Serve as technical expert for B2P operations and project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Drive Accounts Payable- B2P transformation during transitions to realize accelerated benefits.
- Makes suggestions with respect to system enhancements and process improvements.
- Develops and delivers training on the ERP systems and applications.
- Work on known and unknown complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Responds to B2P inquiries regarding end to end processes.
- Work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Resolve business issues relating to business rule execution.
- Review the results of ERP testing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related.
- 5 years minimum experience in Accounts Payable-B2P functions like Invoice Processing, Invoice Scanning/Imaging, Supplier Master Updates, Payments and Banking and Travel and Entertainment.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Possesses broad proficiency control requirements.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more