Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution. Essential Responsibilities:
- Place and follow-up on POs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Update ERP.
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives.
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Support commodity buys.
- Writes reports to track PO activity and supplier performance.
- Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
- Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field.
- Contributes to project as a team member.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in Sourcing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working .