Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Project Manager is a key role for the management of single and or multiple Projects. The single point of contact to the customer with responsibility for delivering a mix of subsea products. Working in the UK with requirement for international travel as required. Essential Responsibilities:
- Establishing and leading a team to deliver Subsea Service projects to our customers, both external and internal. Depending on the needs of the project, the scope of work will include design, development, prototyping, qualification, manufacturing, customer acceptance, delivery and in-service support of oil and gas intervention systems and Brownfield solutions.
- Managing scope through change management for both cost expenditure and schedule to agreed budget.
- Working with internal customers and sponsors to ensure scope and requirements are defined, agreed, budgeted and resourced.
- Working within a matrix organisation to identify, obtain and manage required human resource to execute the projects efficiently and effectively. Building and managing multi-disciplinary teams across multiple locations, including international teams.
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget execution of projects, meeting or improving on quarterly and annual budget and schedule targets.
- Maintaining and controlling Risk and Opportunity Management to ensure that risks are mitigated and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvement are identified and achieved.
- Ensuring the EHS, and Quality, and Integrity culture and processes are firmly established and used.
- Protecting margin and quarterly and annual cash-flow budgets through close management of costs (material and labour), securing variation opportunities and avoiding LDs.
- A strong financial control and reporting rhythm must be established and maintained.
- Developing, implementing and managing reporting systems for schedule, progress, risk and cost which satisfy both internal and external requirements.
- Working with matrix functions to develop plans and estimates for scope changes and new-product budget requests. Presenting proposals to customers, sponsors and functional managers to obtain approval of scope, funding and resource.
- Using Lessons Learned to drive continuous improvement throughout the project.
- Ensuring projects are closed out efficiently.
- The role must interface with the Customers, Suppliers, Functional Teams, Senior Manager Sponsors, Project teams, Product team and BMO group as required.
- Experienced manager with a strong career history of working as a leader in a project team environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Experienced Project Manager from an Industrial sector.
- Preference for PMI certified or similar.
- Experience with the subsea intervention sector.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to deliver within a matrix organisation.
- Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics and values following company compliance and integrity programs.
- Communication both within BHGE and with customers will be critical to success. Excellent presentation and written skills are required, to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior staff, customers and contractors.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action, but knows when to either delegate up or down.
- Demonstrates good team working abilities.
- Should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams, including staff reporting directly.
- Provide leadership and manage interfaces as required to deliver objectives.
Aberdeen and Bristol, UK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working .