Skills: Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Hourly Rate
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Lead Structural Engineer
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
The Lead Structural Engineer role shall be part of the Engineering team and will be responsible for performing structural analysis on Manifolds portfolio.
This key role will be required to drive the manifold structural designs. The position shall take domain ownership of all associated engineering activities outlined below and secure full and best in class delivery to this important function.
- Generate functional design specifications and design basis
- Perform and participate in Design Reviews.
- Technical responsible for structural engineering of subsea Manifolds.
- Execute and facilitate the design and analysis on Manifolds using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product requirements.
- Perform optimization of structure on Manifolds.
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Complete necessary structural design, reports and drawings for study, detail design required for the engineering of the structures.
- MSc or BSc in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience in structural engineering of subsea modules, foundations and template structures.
- Proficient in the use of Sesam GeniE software for structural analyses.
- Familiar with rules, regulations and code's within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, Eurocode 3, DNV)
- Proven technical leadership and team work experience.
- English fluent verbal and written.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Structured/good organizational skills
- Familiar with ePIMS/ePIC/Teamcenter
- Experienced in standard office tools like word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge about the foundation structures and the interaction to the geotechnical calculations.
- Excellent technical understanding in static and dynamic load condition that drives the module structural design.
- Highly proactive and results oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.