Skills: Operations Management, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Senior Operations Manager - Geosciences exists for the purpose of supporting the Sr. Manager-Geosciences in leading high-performance technical-support & personnel teams, organized for consistent/efficient execution and outstanding performance delivery in US and international projects.
This individual is responsible for ensuring the Geosciences service-line has a high quality, stable yet flexible service-delivery model in enablement of the project management group, with capability to support growth and geographic expansion.
This position is critical to company 'readiness-to-serve' build - responsible for continuous improvement in global asset management, systems integrity maintenance, and resourcing-application and field operations support/delivery.
Accountability is thus undertaken for safe/effective crew and equipment scheduling, utilization and performance delivery within group projects.
This role is critical in personnel communication and management - supporting crew-members in competency build, career advancement, and work-life balance. Standards of work related to support functions and field personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hires, leads, manages and directs the work of technical & discipline professionals who maintain safety as a foundation of Oceaneering's core values.
- Works with operations support groups & the project management team to define, prioritize, plan and execute projects.
- Manages the organizational assets to leverage standardized resource planning & quality controls associated with understood concepts, practices & procedures for offshore Geophysical & AUV projects.
- Demonstrates 'visible leadership' in the promotion & continuous improvement of company's safety culture and practices.
- Provide guidance & strategic planning in development of project support functions and services; including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, tooling and equipment needs.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Will budget, organize, supervise, and direct capital-spend projects in support of technology maintenance/development and business unit growth.
- Establish tracking of essential project-support processes to ensure maintenance of quality standards.
- Coordinate global allocation and status of group assets (equipment, personnel, and shared functions).
- Implement development and procurement of specialized equipment for current and future needs of the group. Provides a critical contribution towards planning, budgeting, negotiation of 3rd party contracts and procurement related to projects resourcing.
- Provide direction to the development of product strategy and research and the development of new and emerging products.
- Review project and operating reports with staff of supervisors, to direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Work with company-wide regional management and operations teams, to improve and execute business development in international regions.
- Lead contributor towards the compilation & successful execution of Survey Service's annual business plan.
- Maintain a high level of customer & peer communications and further developing industry relationships.
- Determine responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of marine geohazards.
- Knowledge of survey techniques and procedures.
- Use and proficiency with geophysical programs used to process and interpret data.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Manages subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory employees in the Geosciences Department and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years+ experience with expertise in hydrography, geophysics or geotechnics.
- 5 years in management, operations, and leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Geosciences / Survey / Industrial Technology & Management) preferred.
- MBA, business or accounting qualifications a plus.
- Entrepreneurial with an a bility to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- High level of organizational skills & analytical thinking.
- Working knowledge of survey and Oil & Gas industry practices and technologies.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Multi-site responsibility (ability to manage remote locations) - Ability to travel.
- Intermediate computer office skills and ability to operate programs such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, etc), Google products and ability to use PeopleSoft and familiar with AutoCAD Design software
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.