Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
With responsibility for Oceaneering's Western-hemisphere (Geoscience) project interests, this role will lead the offshore fieldwork and reporting activities for all of our existing and emerging Site-Characterisation projects. This is a combined team lead and project management role, inclusive of: coordination of field engineering staff, overall data acquisition project management, client interfacing, and quality control of project deliverables and reporting activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performance delivery responsibilities for you and your team will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination and management of projects, contract review, execution and management, including risk management, budget control, and performance review / client feedback and client liaison throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensuring all financial, contractual and other obligations are achieved in accordance with agreed terms.
- Joining a team of professionals with expertise in hydrography, geophysics and geotechnics. A background in these or a related marine geoscience discipline is required.
- Given a primary focus to enable and grow a market position for the Western Hemisphere region, we seek a dynamic individual with team spirit and a determination to get the job done.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate appropriately, working with those involved on our projects internally and externally, are key attributes to bring to this role.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with extensive experience in marine Geosciences technical data acquisition practices.
- Applies business line, service line and regional objectives, principles and practices in the interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of projects of any complexity (e.g. multi service line and/or multi-disciplinary and/or international).
- Oversees Commercial / Resourcing / Performance Management & Quality Control for site characterization projects and desktop studies.
- For projects of unique character, defines scope, selects areas for investigation and develops novel concepts, in collaboration with technical staff.
- Establishes, monitors and controls project budgets, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Prepares and reviews invoices for own projects. Negotiates directly with client to manage project changes, e.g. scope, schedule or budget adjustments.
- Prepares monthly project performance reviews for presentation to senior management.
- Assists with training, employee appraisals and QHSE program as needed.
- Assists in the development of sales and growth plans.
- Assists group & corporate management with client maintenance and the development of new clients. Performs project post mortems and follow-up with clients to gauge their level of satisfaction.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 plus+ years of Geosciences/Marine-engineering experience performing and leading marine survey activities.
- 5 plus+ years relevant work experience in a management role.
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Earth Sciences, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology from accredited university preferred.
- Sound knowledge of geophysical/geotechnical engineering principles, field-acquisition, processing & interpretation techniques.
- Proven knowledge/training/experience in marine/survey electro-mechanical systems preferred i.e. analysis, design, installation and maintenance of relevant equipment & products.
- Willing to be available evenings and weekends to respond as needed (via phone and/or email) to offshore technical issues that may arise.
- Ability to obtain a government clearance at the appropriate level if required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.