Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices. With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do - it is our legacy. Our core values of Respect, Ownership, Integrity, Customer Focus and Passion guide our actions and behavior every day. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
As part of Smiths Group, John Crane Asset Management Solutions (JCAMS) is the John Crane Centre of Excellence for Maintenance Consultancy and Condition Monitoring. This role provides the opportunity for an individual, with the appropriate skills and interest, to play a key role in the development and delivery of this business stream.
Ideally the candidate will have a practical knowledge of CMMS, AIMS, ERP or EAM solutions from a management, user or implementation perspective.
As part of a dynamic team the Maintenance Engineer will be familiar with and responsible for the delivery of maintenance management systems and solutions. The candidate will be a team player and accustomed to working to deadlines and budgets. They will have experience in the Energy sector and be conversant with quality management systems and their controls.
- Confirm and validate Equipment Asset Registers / Master Equipment List from P&IDs, PFDs and single line drawings.
- Structure the register into a hierarchy of maintainable packages.
- Classification of all equipment items contained within the register.
- Contributing to maintenance strategy analysis (Failure Modes and Effects analysis, RCM, criticality, etc.) using bespoke proprietary software.
- Development of maintenance strategy to support the asset.
- Development of Planned Maintenance Routines for core discipline.
- Construction of planned maintenance program.
- Assist with workload smoothing and man-power projections.
- Assist with spares analysis for critical equipment.
- Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recognised engineering qualification or extensive practical maintenance experience.
- An in depth understanding of maintenance management practices and systems.
- Ability to develop asset registers, maintenance strategies and planned maintenance routine for core disciplines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- High level of PC-literacy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Commercial awareness.
- Organisational ability.