Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the timely flow of information associated with the Crude Logistics Expansion Program, for helping create and maintain a structured, orderly project management process and for monitoring the progress and performance of certain elements of the Program.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Complex Manager, PNT Crude Logistics Complex.
• Attend meetings and document minutes, decisions and action items.
• Prepare management information reports & disseminate information.
• Prepare slide packs and supporting documents for the Decision Review Board and Business Opportunity Team.
• Act as liaison with functional groups to ensure project expectations are clearly communicated and to monitor project related actions assigned to functional groups. Assist with deliverables as directed.
• Assemble project updates from Project Team members and present for review to the Program Manager.
• Coordinate meetings, including agenda preparation, pre-work/pre-read requirements and booking meeting space.
• Prepare the Project Scorecard/KPIs as directed.
• Work with Project Assurance Team to assemble required documentation for Assurance Reviews.
• Maintain Program Organization Chart and Program Contacts List.
• Track and reconcile project costs. Run project reports in SAP.
• Prepare purchase requisitions.
• Ensure timely approval of invoices and change orders.
• Manage storage of data including use of electronic document management system, such as SharePoint. Maintain accurate & timely project records.
• Develop and document project plans, procedures, processes, systems and documents.
• Create project template documents as necessary to ensure efficient, standardized project communication.
• Resolve issues and questions received from Program Manager and Management.
• Maintain high level of focus on health, safety and environment
• Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Business, Engineering or Project Management preferred)
• Advanced skill in MS Office, Adobe and SAP
• Experience working in project organization and developing project related plans
• Effective written, verbal and electronic communication skills • Able to read and interpret technical reports and drawings
• Highly organized
• Experience working on Major Projects
• Experience working in Pipeline and Terminal organization
• Working knowledge of PMI's project management body of knowledge (PMBOK)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Able to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities
• Able to analyze project schedules and costs
• Experience designing cross-functional business processes
• Experience implementing software solutions and system integration
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.