Directional DrillerEssential Responsibilities:
- Monitor and operate directional drilling equipment at the field site.
- Provide advice for well planning.
- Provide advice for bit selection and BHA composition.
- Liaise with customer representative to ensure smooth operation and understanding of requirements.
- Pre / Post job briefing and reporting as required.
- Monitor effective use of down hole and surface equipment to fully optimize the use of all equipment, in response to hole conditions and in accordance with well proposal to enhance overall job efficiency.
- A Degree in Engineering is preferred but not essential.
- Previous directional drilling experience preferred but not essential
- Experience on the use of rotary steerable assembly is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of Directional and/or other Wellbore Positioning software is desirable.
- Experience with and knowledge of Advantage Engineering and/or other Directional Drilling software is desirable.
- Experience of AutoTrak or other Rotary Steerable Systems is preferred.
- Deep water directional drilling experience would be beneficial.
- Convenient access to a domestic airport or rail link is essential for travel.
- Willing to take on responsibility and be accountable for their action.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and speaking in English.
Excellent computer skills.
- On-going role in Health, Safety & Environment compliance.
- Willing to work as a classified worker and assist in handling radioactive sources.
- An RPS. (Radiation Protection Supervisor) or previous MWD experience with BHGE is beneficial to work as a Directional Driller.
- Ability to speak German, Dutch or Italian in addition to English is desirable
- Continental Europe- Germany, Netherland, Italy, also potential to work in North Sea, as and when required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more