Skills: Contracts Administration
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cota, Colombia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are looking for a Ecuadorian/ Peruvian Qualified Lawyer to join the LSC, who we can train and develop to be resourceful and a well-rounded professional for a long-term career within our company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts Contracts with Schlumberger clients and/ or suppliers for the provision of Schlumberger products and/or Services.
- Drafts and/ or reviews and communicates exceptions to tender documents and RFQ's.
- Develops and administers contracts under supervision, and ensures compliance with administrative procedures
- Monitors Purchase Orders to ensure compliance with Schlumberger Policies and highlights and reports any deviations from our Contracts Risk Standard.
- Promotes compliance with the GeoMarket tender procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Schlumberger policies, standards, procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Uploads and ensures the database is properly updated as contract changes and events occur.
- Identifies and proposes improvements to existing contracting procedures.
- Assists, Contracts, Procurement, Sourcing and Sales & Marketing as required.
- Participates in presentations and workshops related to contracting standards, processes and/or reviews.
- Collaborates with the Legal Department, as appropriate to ensure contractual risks are clearly identified and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
- Assists, supports and actively participates in all aspects of Contract Lifecycle management Program (CLMP)
Experience and Key Competencies:
- Degree in Law in Brazil and Mexico
- Exceptional academic scores
- 1 to 3 year work experience in Contracts/ Legal Departments or Law Firm capacity will also be considered.
- Proficiency in English
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Word & Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with peers, subordinates and stake holders
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Quality and Service Focused
- Customer focused
- Adaptable and able to prioritize
- Previous experience on contracts
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to pro-actively organize and prioritize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.