Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Planner to organize production according to demand and quality standards. You will be the one to ensure our goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process job/material workbench daily via ERP system.
- Generate job orders for in house/sub con machining.
- Issue raw material to job orders.
- Book in all complete manufacturing and sub-contract jobs.
- Expedite sub-contract work as required.
- Create sub contract purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Liaise with sales/engineering departments to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
- Substitute role with buyer during holiday/sickness cover.
- Review system to substitute materials when required
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Assist with any other duties as and when required.
Undertake specific projects as instructed by management.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Experience as production planner
Educated to minimum of 'A' Level standard or above
Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
If certain education and/or experience would be useful, list as "desired". (Example: PHR, CQM, Black Belt)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have strong computer skills
- Able to communicate across all departments and at all levels Must have good problem solving skills
- Capable of working on own initiative and proactively as part of a team
- Must have good organizational and planning skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Remains calm in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment
This position is considered SHOP/Indoors which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.