This posting is for the position of planner for BHGE based out of Montrose (requiring initial travel to Aberdeen) in charge of planning a large subsea project and will be accountable for the schedule quality and project on-time delivery. The position reports to the planning leader. The selected candidate will go through an extensive training to learn the standard project planning processes in place at this organisation and to reach cross product line planning expertise.Essential Responsibilities:
- Schedule management: The planner is in charge of the overall project schedule management ensuring its quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, reflection of the scope of supply).
- Coordination: the planner will be collaborating with the other planners (product line planner & engineering planners) allocated to the project as well as with the execution functions (engineering, procurement, and manufacturing) to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule.
- Project management support: The planner is the right hand man/woman of the project manager and as such will provide him/her visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Manager has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
- Support with customer: the planner will interact with the customer to provide update on schedule as well as explain the current situation / challenges / opportunities.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the planner will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor / Master Degree / Equivalent (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience in planning, ideally in the subsea industry or a related large-scale mechanical manufacturing or controls equipment environment.
- Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool. Additional knowledge of MRP are considered a plus.
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
- Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large project as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
- Leadership & Inclusiveness: The planner will collaborate with a team of planners as well as interact with a large panel of individuals contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and great interpersonal skills are required
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn moreAbout Us:
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.