The Rs 3,000 crore SEIPL Terminal and Port facilities, in Surat district, Gujarat, is regarded as a key FDI project and it represents one of the largest international investments in India in the energy sector. Spread over an area of 46.7 hectares, the terminal has a jetty where LNG cargo is unloaded through to the cryogenic tanks. LNG is stored in the tanks at -160 C and pumped out of the tank for sending out to customers after regasification. The Hazira Terminal includes an LNG storage and regasification terminal within a fully functional port. A combination of factors went into choosing Hazira as the site for the LNG Terminal and an all weather port. Hazira is situated in the midst of one of the most industrialized areas in the country and has a ready market for gas in the immediate vicinity. It is at a key location and is presently connected to the HVJ, DUPL, GSPL and East West pipelines at Mora, enabling us to supply gas to all of North, West and potentially South India. The SEIPL terminal was the first to introduce Spot LNG supplies into India. The Hazira business model has flexibility to meet specific requirements of the Indian customers and can also handle term contracts. This model is an innovation, specifically meant for the Indian market wherein LNG can be sourced flexibly and competitively for Indian customers. The SEIPL terminal operates and supplies LNG to a large number of customers in different industrial segments ranging from power and fertilizer to refineries, steel and small and medium industries.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Ensure the Reliability and integrity of the instrument and DCS network and plant equipment by application of relevant standards, procedures, Preventive maintenance schedules
- Responsible for IPF management to conduct SIF-Pro SIL assessment & review related to SIL system for projects and modifications.
- Knowledge in measuring instrumentation Flow calculations & control valve/actuator design & selection
- Responsible for Discipline safety critical element/ equipment identification, defining Performance Standards and regular assurance review
- Ensure PCD_IT compliance and monitor its field implementation.
- Accountable for discipline specific procedures and work instructions are valid, fit for purpose and are followed by team.
- Ensure that competency of company and contractor staff meet the task requirements and identify gaps and propose necessary action with specific focus on HSE critical tasks as per HSE case.
- Analysis critical spares & obsolescence management in Instrument & control system and to meet the changing business needs
- Lead & participate in RCA (Root Cause Analysis), bad actor analysis, Causal Learning discussion on failure investigations of issues to improve reliability.
- Evaluation of Spare parts specifications, technical offers, vendor and contractor performance and Budget preparation, monitoring & control
- To provide assurance to management by conduction process compliance & effectiveness audits on defined workstream of own discipline.
- Establish networking with Shell Group rotating equipment engineering experts and authorities.
- As a member of the Technical Services Team provide input for Operations Plan, Integrated Activity Plan, Maintenance Reference plan (MRP), Asset Reference plan (ARP), HSE plans and Audit plans.
- Monitor & provide input to instrumentation reliability KPIs like Manage Threat & opportunities, testing Deferments, RCA, & Bad actor action status & key leading and lagging indicator for Management Information Report (MIR) & Reliability forecasts
- Promote Predictive maintenance (PdM) and condition-based maintenance (CBM) approaches thru regular reviews
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- Graduate in Instrumentation /Electronics & communication Engineering
- Minimum 10 years work experience in engineer position in oil and gas industry
- Skill level in Design & Selection of instrumentation & control assets, maintenance strategy development, Trouble shooting
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, communication & presentation skills
- Require strong analytical techniques and the ability to solve complex problems through an organized, logical and systematic approach
- Experience in Yokogawa controls & ESD system, Bentley 3500, Tank gauging & Leak monitoring.
- FAT, SAT and Commissioning experience of instrumentation & control systems
- Knowledge of Instrumented Protective functions (IPS) assessment, F&G system mapping studies
- Knowledge of Gas turbine control systems, Loading arm Hydraulics, Custody transfer/Metering system standards (GC, Flow computer) will be added advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.