Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Drilling Consultant
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £420 per day
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Intermediate level professional position.
The drilling engineer is accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling operations within the wells team.
You will also have accountability for operational support on new and existing wells.
The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering Team Leader.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: -
With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing a drilling well designs for an oil or gas well.
- Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
- Monitor all phases of the drilling operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completion operational performance.
- Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
- Onsite support for key drilling operations
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the drilling design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor drilling engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.