Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Lean Six Sigma
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, line balancing, layout and work sequence (routing) optimization, training development matrix, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen/5S workouts, pull processes, TPM (total preventive maintenance), cell design, and quick changeover/batch-size optimization.
- Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g. First Pass Yield, Rolled Throughput Yield), cycle time reduction and productivity.
- Provide shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs (e.g. through the use of Engineering Change Requests - ECRs)
- Review and sign-off on Engineering Change Orders that impact Inventory - including product life cycle issues, obsolescence, etc.
- Creates, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality.
- Monitoring and reducing process costs.
- Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelors in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience.
Experience: Experienced hire position with a listed technical degree and strong interest in manufacturing. Significant background is required in a technical assignment in a manufacturing environment - including machine shop, industrial assembly plant, or other engineered products manufacturing environment. Three to five years' experience preferred
- CNC programming Knowledge
- Knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma techniques and metrics
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing
- Knowledge of equipment and tools
- Product knowledge
- Can function independently and in a team
- Strong decision making
- Able to effect change through influence
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong mentoring/training skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ergonomics and safety
- Knowledge of maintenance systems
- Change agent
- Quick learner
- Passion for excellence
- Strong communication skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.