District Manager - Northern Ontario
Our Client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a District Manager in Thunder Bay, ON
for a year contract.
Our client sells and distributes its full range of refined petroleum products through a network of branded retail and commercial outlets. The network of approximately 475 locations support both retail and commercial fuel businesses and include cardlocks, travel centres, bulk distribution, convenience stores and other services such as car washes, restaurants and loyalty card programs. They are a multi-brand distributor, which includes the responsibility of operations of a national commercial cardlock network.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
Our client's Operations group is looking for a District Managers to support their national retail and commercial/cardlock business. This role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop and grow your experience in oil and gas.
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer or Dealer and the company. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of the company's operational standards, marketing plans and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across the retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spend a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Ideally the candidate would be based out of Thunder Bay, Secondary choice - Winnipeg, Last choice - Toronto responsible for a territory including Northern Ontario.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing and managing the retailer or dealer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers and dealers.
- Effectively communicating Client business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to developing action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Limiting Client environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures / records and reviewing / advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements, and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- A minimum of five years' experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
- Proven business, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data
- Self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to creatively identify, develop and qualify business opportunities
- Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and French
- Attention to detail, superior organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, dedication and success in previous endeavors.
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver's abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.