Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities :
- Discover, develop, demonstrate and deploy innovative seismic interpretation technologies
- Influence Shell technology teams regionally to maximize the value of such technologies.
- Collaborate with data scientists and geophysicists to deliver Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms for enabling a step-change in subsurface interpretation capability
- Build and develop new models for segmentation of geological features and geophysical properties from subsurface data
- Disseminate skills and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the broader geophysical community
- Optimize AI network performance for training and inference on high-performance compute cluster
In this role, the successful candidate will work with experts in geology, geophysics, and data science to develop deep learning-based next-generation seismic interpretation tools.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer both now and in the future.
- Any of:
- Ph.D in Geophysics with strong Data Science experience
- Ph.D in Data Science with strong Geophysics experience
- Bachelor's Degree in either Geophysics or Data Science with at least 7 years' professional experience solving problems geophysical problems with AI
- Experience developing geophysics-guided deep learning models for seismic interpretation
- Skill set must include expertise in:
- Deep Learning
- Convolutional neural networks
- Image Processing
- Programming skills in Python, Matlab
- Use of TensorFlow, Caffe, CUDA
- Strong background in high-performance computing
- Ability to develop synthetic geophysical models on High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Ability to implement Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) parallelization
- Competence in seismic imaging, processing, QI, inverse theory, multi-dimensional data analysis
- Teaching experience
- Strong publication record
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.