Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to the HR Generalist Manager, the HR Generalist will partner with the HR Generalist Manager to provide HR services focused on recruitment & retention, compensation, administration, employee relations, performance management, and leadership development and training to the local Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for partnering with HR Generalist Manager and Functional Support Specialists to timely and effectively deliver human resources consultative services to ensure customer objectives and expectations are met.
- Supports the implementation of HR Strategic initiatives and deliverables in partnership with the HR Generalist Manager.
- Assists management and recruitment in managing the recruiting function for Owen Oil Tools, including creation and placement of positions and recruitment efforts.
- Assists HR Functional Support with new hire on-boarding, including drug screening, new hire paperwork, and benefits enrollment.
- Ensure that all recruiting efforts meet CLB compliance standards.
- Responsible for partnering with the HR Generalist Manager on the identification, diagnosis and resolutions of employee relations issues, calling on the appropriate resources to resolve issues. Coaches managers on managing for performance, as well as on the formal performance management process.
- Partner with HR Generalist Manager and Functional Support Specialists in assessing organizational needs, develop training programs, and provides facilitation and training to the workforce in order to meet those needs.
- Gathers, completes, analyzes and presents various Human Resources statistics as needed, such as, turnover statistics, performance management/merit increase comparisons and culture surveys.
- Work with local staff to build employee events for employee engagement.
- Partner with HR Generalist Manager in development of annual Succession Planning, Performance Management, and Employee Development.
- Provide HR related articles for company newsletter.
- Back-up for Kronos payroll processing and ensure process is followed and posted correctly.
- Partners with HR Generalist Manager to manage unemployment claims process including completion of all unemployment claims, appeals, providing requested documentation.
- Be available as back-up for plant evacuation policies and procedures
- Provide assistance with Benefits annual open enrollment
- Assist local Compliance Department with any drug screen issues
- Partner with HR Functional Support Specialists and local Safety Manager on workers compensation, FMLA, and LOA facilitation.
- Assist and coordinate miscellaneous human resources related projects and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or a related field. Five to seven years of professional level experience in Human Resources required involving two or more of the following major functional areas: employee relations, recruitment, compensation, organizational development or EEO compliance. A thorough knowledge in the field of Human Resources, as well as in general business, required. Must have MS office skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.