Skills: Storeman, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Storeperson is to oversee the Rope Access equipment store area, with additional inventory control and shop duty requirements. To assist with running the Rope Access store, ensure all work is carried out safely and efficiently, to ensure that rope access equipment is fully serviceable and certified at all times (for all onshore/offshore work) Maintain the rope access equipment tracking register ensuring accurate and detailed records are updated on a daily basis. To perform onshore pre-job, maintenance and post-job tasks on all RA equipment and perform any AI shop-related tasks. No offshore activities will be performed in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate mobilization and demobilization of Rope Access equipment to and from worksites updating logistical spreadsheets.
- Maintain inventory control by logging all equipment into FRAE (rope access) database, training on database will be provided.
- Keep RA inventory stocked, working with SCM and other vendors for replenishment.
- Clean, inspect, and maintain Rope Access equipment.
- Ensure work is carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner in order to meet planning requirements.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the company's operating procedures and statuary/client specifications and requirements.
- Participate in company/partnership technical forums to ensure knowledge update of innovative technology.
- Collate and maintain accurate equipment records for the auditing and invoice purposes.
- Assist all technicians as required in the pre-and-post-job loadout of equipment.
- Perform pre-job, maintenance and post-job on all equipment used on projects.
- Ensure equipment calibrations and servicing is kept within company and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Load, unload and move equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot, identify, repair, or replace defective parts.
- Attend training sessions and maintain credentials as needed.
- Wash, clean, and put away all equipment used on the jobs.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area. Ensure shop and yard are cleaned up, tools and equipment are put away, trash cans are emptied, etc.
- Work in a team environment in the shop and yard.
- Operate forklift/assist forklift operator in loading and unloading of all equipment.
- Other duties as required as per Manager's discretion.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Familiarity with of computer basics, MS Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in an industrial and shop environment.
- Knowledge of offshore industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to safely work in a team environment, remaining attentive to tasks, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Almost exclusively indoors within Warehouse during the day.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.