Offers the opportunity as an experienced Project Controller - Finance to join the team in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Project Controller along with Project Manager is responsible for the execution and management of project within the AFE. (Project PAW)
- Proactive in managing financial and accounting matters and appropriate actions to improve controls and reporting.
- Coordinate the implementation of financial project controls, project system in SAP, and procedures based on contract requirements
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions associated with the project by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Ensure consistent and accurate reporting and forecasting of revenue, cost, progress, schedules, and contingencies.
- Understanding and applying basics of engineering, drilling, supply chain, HR, and PL operations for estimating revenue, fixed and variable costs, activity rates, and indirect costs
- Participate in relevant project meetings to ensure financial control of the projects
- Prepare well profitability and rolling project plans with breakdown of in-scope, out of scope work, NPT etc.
- Process and procedures to collect cost, and procurements from rig sites for cost tracking. Review these against actual vendor invoices and advise of any required changes etc.
- Review all costs charged to Projects in SAP on daily basis and liaise with Project Manager to ensure costs have been correctly recorded and allocated.
- Responsible for review and accuracy for 3rd party invoices properly supported, charges are correct, and invoiced to the client/sub-contractors if necessary.
- Assesses the impact of scope of work changes and schedule slippages.
- Present monthly/quarterly overview of project financial status to Leadership teams.
- Responsible for Cost Center and WBS stewardship, monitoring project budgets and all project related expenses.
- Oversee invoicing function and ensure sales orders, service orders, and invoicing is performed on a timely basis and all required data is captured.
- Prepare and provide monthly unbilled revenue and expense accruals to EFO for closing
- Participate in daily operations meeting and other meetings as required to stay up to date on project activities.
- Provide weekly overview of well profitability to Project Manager and monthly overview of project profitability to Geomarket/PC leadership team.
- Review, monitor, and update activity rates to minimize over/under absorption of costs.
- Participate subcontractor audits and vendor reviews on a periodic basis.
- Develops strong working relationships with all members of project team and leads the team in financial discussions.
- Assist project manager in project closure and prepare financial documents for after action reviews. Develop actions to correct unfavourable variances, mitigate risks, and improve profitability and cash flow
- Manages, develops, and leads Project Finance staff
- Graduates with finance/accounting as one of the main subjects. CPA or equivalent Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in finance/accounting roles. Prefer 2+ year's management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting requirements for Product Segment/location.
- Excellent communication and Strong analytical skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP & HFM
- Compliance, Internal Controls, Cost Controls & Project Management
- Revenue and Expense Recognition, Invoicing and Collections
- Financial Analysis, Forecasting and Planning
- Project Accounting and Reporting
- Arabic Speaking candidates would be preferred
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia