The Terminal Operator Technician position is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable performance of a variety of operations, maintenance, lab, inventory control and scale house functions. This person monitors facility pumps and operational equipment of any abnormalities, equipment failures, operate terminal equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Individual possesses and is able to perform "Terminal Operator" requirements.
- Responsible for routine Tank Gauging, Sampling and Hydrocarbon Product Analysis.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating (day/night) shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
- Hazwoper Training - Barge Dock PIC Training required by USCG.
- Willingness to update existing training and attend new training to meet Company and/or Governmental requirements.
- Attend Monthly Safety Meetings and other Meetings and Drills as required.
- Responsible for gathering, recording, storing, accessing and sharing of information in compliance with Security Policy, Procedures and Codes of the Company Practice and
- Governmental Policies.
- Responsible for documentation and data entry for the "Terminal Operating System".
- Responsible for compliance with appropriate action to comply with Terminal Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, contributing positively and constructively for the achievement of the Terminal and Company Objectives.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Experience with Terminal Operating System
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.