Skills: Process Engineer, Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for 6 months.
You will join the Technical Safety discipline which comprises of specialists in all aspects of technical safety engineering including Safety Studies, Loss Prevention (firewater and F&G), Noise, Human Factors and Environmental studies. You will be part of a team providing specialist support to allWorley projects from concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities.
Working hand-in-hand with engineers across our other disciplines to ensure that effective risk management is a key feature of every project throughout the lifecycle. The technical safety team are responsible for identifying, assessing and managing risks associated with a project to ensure a safe design and successful project delivery.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Worley and Project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Identify foreseeable hazards for asset modifications so that appropriate studies can be completed. - Review multi-discipline documents to ensure ALARP designs have been adopted
- Conduct risk assessments and risk reviews in accordance with existing procedures
- Represent the safety team at kick-off meetings, progress and design review meetings for the project or change proposal designs
- Delivering quality, cost effective and timely engineering services in a demanding environment of change, short interval planning and conflicting priorities
- Reporting progress against schedule to the Principal Safety Engineer
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates