Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Written Schemes of Examination as part of inspection preparations
- Complete First Pass examinations of equipment to accurately identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) requirements
- Plan and carry out Inspection of plant and pipework in compliance with the Written Scheme of Examination
- Inspection of all process pressure systems, inspection of all storage tanks, inspection of steam generating plant, decommissioned/out of service equipment and inspection of steel structures in compliance with Oceaneering and client procedures
- Raise Repair Orders/Corrective MMS Work Orders when required, providing a detailed description of the defect and location together with relevant up-to-date documentation and photographic evidence
- Carry out Repair Order close out inspections when required
- Issue an interim report of examination stating the suitability for further service. Complete the inspection report including recommended or required actions, next period of service between inspections in line with current RBI recommendations or client recommended intervals, within 28 days of the inspection. Modify the Written Scheme based on inspection findings
- Inform the Senior Inspection Engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDE results indicate the item is not Fit-for-Service
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner and instigate Inspection Queries as required
- Verify the application of NDT methods for vessel and pipework inspection, inform NDT personnel of requirements Specify NDT techniques where necessary maximise the use of non-invasive inspection techniques where possible
- Carry out the IIA briefing/Tool Box Talks to all visiting Inspection/NDT Personnel provided for specific jobs by the Project Manager
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- UKAS RG2 Category 3 compatible (E)
- Specific experience related to the job description
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards,
- risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- • Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE techniques
- • Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Appropriate HNC/HND qualification
- EngTech accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Working towards a Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Working towards and Incorporated Engineer accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection certification
- API 653 Tank Inspection certification
- NDT certification for core techniques desirable
- Previous experience in the field of plant and equipment inspection
- NDT Qualification / Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- \"Hands on\" visual inspection experience of different plant & equipment. This should primarily be \"in service\"
- Experience which covers planning, Inspection storage databases/systems (such as Credo), inspection workpacks/scopes and dealing with anomalies
- Knowledge of legislation, codes/standards, materials, plant operations & processes, damage mechanisms, coatings and NDT techniques (both conventional & specialist).
- Construction & fabrication inspection experience. Knowledge of RBA and WSEs (or equivalent)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures
- Microsoft Office
- Credo or equivalent
- Ability to manage or coordinate NDT techs or Third parties
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
- Good communicator both written and verbal
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.