Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer, on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen
The overall purpose of the job holder is to take a leading role in the sales and marketing of company Innovation's subsea products and services to both potential and existing clients, providing technical input to support the identification of new leads and to progress these leads through the complete sales cycle to contract award.
- Achieve the agreed sales targets.
- Provide technical input necessary to support tender creation.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the business sales, marketing and account management strategies.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, obtaining forecast information and maintaining a live database of leads and prospects.
- Plan, prepare and carry out presentations and product demonstrations to promote the Company's products and service offering.
- Own the complete sales cycle - from prospecting, to commercial proposal development, through to recording the outcome and closing the deal, maintaining overall account management responsibility.
- Manage customer support questions through knowledge gained and when appropriate route any technical queries through the engineering team.
- Provide a thorough handover of successful tenders to those responsible for project execution and incorporating lessons learned post-delivery for the benefit of future proposals.
- Provide input and assistance on identifying product development requirements - specifically with respect to strategic and tactical technology needs.
- Maintain an awareness of competitor product and activities and feed back into the organisation.
- Identify target conferences / exhibitions and support the exhibition process and submission of abstracts.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers & employees throughout the VSL Network.
- Pro-active attitude to ensure 'One Team' work ethic.
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
- Degree or HND/HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
- Full UK driving licence
Knowledge / Experience
- Familiarity with offshore, topside, and subsea oil and gas industry practices and equipment.
- Familiarity with subsea controls equipment including electrical power distribution system architectures.
- Ability to develop good long term professional relationships with customers and to have a good problem-solving attitude whilst developing business solutions with customers.
- Self-motivated, committed and a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An outgoing personality, enthusiastic.
- Capable of obtaining a good understanding of the functionality and applicability of the company Innovations products.
- Ability to find out about, and understand competitors' products and commercial offerings
- Good communications skills, both writing and verbally
- Confident presenting to large groups of people
- Capable of working using own initiative
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- A smart appearance and professional manner
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Proficient in office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Degree or HND/HNC (or equivalent) in electrical engineering
Knowledge / Experience
- Knowledge and experience of building sales accounts with large corporate organisations in the subsea oil and gas market.
- Management or coordination of subsea controls projects or operational service support with an oil and gas operator or subsea production system vendor.
- Sound commercial awareness and a detailed knowledge of cost of selling, pricing and margins.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Office based role with frequent visits to client premises. Support build up and breakdown of exhibition stands at trade fairs. Requirement for frequent travel within the UK and International in accordance with Business demands.