Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Graduate Environmental Consultant
PASSIONATE ABOUT CONSULTANCY?
Bureau Veritas are looking for a Graduate Consultant to join our team of industry leading experts, providing high quality technical guidance and innovative solutions for a diverse client base.
The role will be to support the Bureau Veritas Technical Centre in providing services to a broad portfolio of private and public sector clients on diverse and challenging projects. The role will equip the right individual with a range of demanding technical skills needed to fulfil projects in fire science, air quality, noise assessment, risk management and other environmental and occupational consultancy.
Initially based within the nationally recognised Fire Science and Chemical Management team you will be responsible for supporting consultants in delivery of work to UK wide Fire Services and other emergency services, whilst learning the skills required to provide scientific advice to UK emergency services via our 24 hour technical support team.
Comprehensive training will be provided to enable you to enhance your skills, alongside a structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
Project work would include:
- Hazardous materials training for UK fire services;
- Site base support to emergency services,
- Delivery of air quality and acoustic monitoring and modelling projects; and
- Support to the Risk and Safety Team.
Your role will additionally involve technical and administrative support to other consultants throughout the Technical Centre.
- Support Technical Centre consultants in the delivery of project work to emergency services, public sector and private clients
- Taking responsibility for chemical management, equipment management & maintenance of laboratory environments across the range of consultancy areas in Manchester
- Participate in both field based and desk based activities in support of Technical Centre projects.
- Undertake training to become a Fire Science scientific adviser and subsequently participating in phone and site based on call duties.
- Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards associated with Technical Centre services
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Review and write reports
- Contribute administrative tasks to support Technical Centre Colleagues
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Science subject (ideally with a chemistry or environmental component) is preferred;
- Previous environmental / consultancy / laboratory work experience would be an advantage;
- Effective communication and strong administrative skills;
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Flexible approach to work delivery (some participation on-call rotas will be required);
- Willingness to become involved in a wide range of service delivery areas;
- Proficiency in the use of standard IT applications (e.g. Word, Excel); and
- Full UK Driving license.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes;
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands; and
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.