Skills: IT - SAP / ERP, IT - Software Development, Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Not in list, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The SAP Software Engineer is expected to contribute and grow with the corporation to:
• Learn and adopt emerging technologies that support the corporation's IT transformation and Digital Roadmap (e.g., Fiori, Identity Management, SAP Cloud Platform, HANA).
• Work with the different teams and IT partners globally to provide App Dev services to internal customers, including but not limited to:
o Programming for enhancements and incident/defect resolution
o Problem / requirements analysis
o Unit, and integration testing and utilization of automated test scripts in the SAP CI/CD pipline where applicable
o Technical documentation
• Understand the SAP design for the corporation's different business operating units and its processes including interfaces to other applications.
• Implement SAP projects, enhancements and Operational Incidents using SAFe, as a member of the Logistic's ART (Agile Release Train).
• Effectively work with a global team spanning multiple regions and multiple cross-functional team members and leaders.
• Partner with business and team members to find efficiencies and opportunities to innovate and automate our ERP solutions.
• Employ analytical thinking to understand business requirements and translate those into User Stories.
• Apply critical thinking to understand the potential impact of system Change Management on existing functions to avoid business impact and incidents.
• Support the strategy for the next generation ERP transformation.
• Adhere to corporate policies, and standard tools; establish and maintain standards.
Experience and/or Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related areas required.
• Minimum of 3 years' working experience in SAP MM/AWM/QM modules
• Minimum of 2 years' Application Development experience required (including problem, requirements, risk/benefits analysis and technical documentation/user stories).
• Technical skills: Experience with backend development including Odata and API and/or frontend development for custom Web Apps; Object oriented programming concepts and Cloud based development environments. DevOps experience preferred
• Application Development best practices; Agile (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe), experience preferred
Special considerations: Travel - must be able to travel up to 20%
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.