Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
About the T&S Credit Team:
Shell T&S has a large Credit Risk department with around 120 staff across Houston, London, Singapore and Manila. T&S Credit sits with in the broader Risk Management organization and in turn is part of Group Finance. The Credit Group is split into Global Credit Underwriting, Commercial Credit, Receivables Management and the Systems Analytics and Reporting Team with the principle role of the function to advise the business on Credit Risk matters an assist the Group protect and create value.
The role is within the Global Underwriting & Receivables Team which consists of 13 staff based in Houston, London and Singapore as well as 41 analysts in our Finance Operations Team in Manila. The purpose of the team is to assess and where appropriate provide Credit Ratings and Limits to the counterparties T&S trade with, setting risk tolerances and identify and pro-actively mitigating any Counterparty Credit concerns which arise from counterparty specific issues and/or the macro-environment.
What will you do?
The role will involve acting as one of the key Underwriting Focal points in Singapore with day to day interface across Global Trading Credit, commercial and financial stakeholders advising on the Credit Risk posed by sovereigns, sectors and counterparties in the EMEA region, driving the research and Portfolio Management agenda in the Singapore hub, developing and coaching the analyst in the Singapore team as well as FO Manila and supporting the Deal Team including deliverables for senior stakeholders that impact trading strategy. Tasks will include but not be limited to:
1) Portfolio Management - pro-active Identification and analysis of Counterparty Credit Risk and sector, sovereign and macro issues/events which might pose a risk or provide opportunity to T&S, providing recommendations and courses of action to key stakeholders and where appropriate the highest decision-making body i.e. Credit Committee.
2) Conduct Credit Activities as part of the 'underwriting'/ customer/counterparty on-boarding process where the Credit & Trade Finance team is the relationship owner of the relevant parent company. These include:
- Evaluation of high risk new and existing counterparties through in-depth analysis of Business and Financial Risk to recommended Credit Terms (e.g. secured/unsecured, amount of open Credit Line) on which the T&S business should trade with the specific counterparty.
- Liaising with Commercial Credit and the Business to understand the deal rationale and risk/reward metrics
- Deliver Credit Assessment at Credit Committee level or other forums where approval is required at this level.
- Data Integrity - Update and maintain the relevant Credit & Trading systems through the Credit Assessment life cycle, updating new Credit Ratings and Open Credit Lines and communicating the outcome of assessments to relevant stakeholders, notably the Commercial Credit Managers and the T&S commercial business.
3) Review and sign-off Risk Assessments performed by FO Manila up to $600mn for medium-low risk/value customers.
4) Provide in-depth and well thought through research and sovereign/sector analysis to help identify risk and drive strategy focusing on the external market and macro environment.
5) Partner Commercial Credit and the Business through deal team - delivery of Credit advice, provide interpretation of policy and guide the businesses on the principles of sound credit management. Keep up-to-date on issues within the businesses through close relationships with the Commercial Credit and sales managers and reading information from industry sources. Involvement in New Business Proposals (NBP's), Group Investment Proposals (Group Investment Proposals) and other high risk activities.
6) External Exposures - represent T&S Underwriting at regular External Events and seek to build strong external networks and relationships with 3rd party rating agencies (S&P, Moody's etc.), Banks and Counterparties to ensure delivery of robust Credit Risk assessments and advice. Meet with senior stakeholders across the breadth of firms we have in the T&S portfolio to better understand the risk they pose.
7) Continuous Improvement - look for opportunities to improve the Credit Assessment process including the tools we have available.
8) Coach and mentor the junior analyst in the Singapore Team, providing guidance and steer as well as partnering the Manila Team daily to ensure delivery of best-in-class Credit Re-Assessments.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
What we need from you:
You'll have a strong understanding of financial statements and an understanding of Credit Risk including the factors that impact the Creditworthiness of companies and the role the function plays in risk management. You'll also have a passion to understand and keep up to date with the external environment.
You'll have the following attributes:
• Be the confident, self-motivated and resilient type. You'll be an excellent communicator and enjoy collaborating and influencing individuals and teams at all levels.
• Build effective relationships across the team, the business and our shared service centres
• Demonstrate Strong financial acumen including comfort working with and assessing counterparty financial statements
• Strong commercial understanding, especially the ability to balance speed, cost benefit and long-term relationship management
• External mind-set and natural curiosity to understand the external environment and the impact is having on the T&S portfolio.
• You'll have proven experience in analyzing complex issues, managing your demanding workload effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
• Remain open to different perspectives (i.e. from other businesses & locations) and can switch priorities at short notice.
• Demonstrate ability to coach junior team members and take ownership and deliver on specific projects.
• Enjoy an environment that focuses on constant improvement and ownership, on personal and professional development, and efficiency. You'll be interested and motivated by understanding how your work affects the overall goals of the company.
• Have the ability to influence and persuade through your personal credibility and integrity.
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video