Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Actively leads field/offshore operations with fellow rope access technicians. Responsible for safety management, work site organization, and when applicable, supervisory roles and responsibilities providing leadership to work crews on various projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects offshore structures, vessels, and pipelines for appurtenances in conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments.
- Examines materials or products for anomalies, damage, or defects such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents, excessive corrosion, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates with Oceaneering project/operation managers and customers to maintain consistent workflow and customer satisfaction.
- Takes cathodic potential (CP) readings using a "drop-cell" technique.
- Makes appropriate drawings and sketches to supplement written data.
- Manages the inspection and replacement of equipment, as well as other logistical tasks associated with maintaining a sound state of readiness.
- Travels out-of-town or overseas, when needed, sometimes with short notice.
- Provides or arranges on-the-job training, mentoring and assessing team members while offshore.
- Serves as a Level III Rope Access Supervisor and carries out project management while working offshore.
- Prepares necessary reports regarding project.
- Promotes and strives for safety excellence at all times.
- Takes an active role in supporting the safety, quality and regulatory processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with rope access.
- Must hold IRATA Level III certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET).
- Safe Gulf Training.
- Valid passport.
- Must have ability to meet company certification standards.
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with inspection and/or non-destructive testing (NDT).
- ASNT Level II certifications.
- Petzl - PPE Training & Inspection Certification.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lifts 50-100 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on his/her stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiates between colors.
- Lifts 25-50 pounds.
- Wears PPE for head, hands.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stand, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Lifts 10-20 pounds.
- Stands and walks
- Wears PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.