Pawnee, Texas, United States
Pawnee, Texas, United States
Skills: HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pawnee, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Ensign Natural Resources ("Ensign") is a private equity backed E&P company with 15+ years of experience finding, exploiting and developing unconventional resource plays.
Ensign is seeking a high-performing individual for the role of HSE Technician to ensure consistent adherence to, and execution of, Ensign's safety and environmental standards. This role will have high visibility and an opportunity for impact within the organization.
Culture Statement: At Ensign, attitudes and behaviors that support our culture matter. Employees are expected to foster a culture of personal responsibility, courage and good judgement while pursuing excellence in all efforts through passion, determination and continuous improvement.
• Ensure consistent adherence to, and execution of, Company safety and environmental standards.
• Perform onsite safety audits and contractor safety audits.
• Recognize process safety conditions and coach operations staff accordingly.
• Manage incident investigations and reporting, including root cause analysis, development of corrective action strategies, maintaining statistical information, recommending program revisions as appropriate and issue required reports to Management.
• Audit field permitting and assure ongoing compliance.
• Coordinate and act as subject matter expert for Safety meetings.
• Vendor interface for company policy communications & expectations
• Initiate, perform and maintain data to be used for Company compliance assurance.
• Know and follow all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies at all times.
• Know and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
• Exercise stop work authority in the event of unsafe conditions or situations.
• Respond to callouts, as needed, in a timely manner
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of related experience.
• Previous HSE compliance support role in oil and gas production, midstream, refining, or related field preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
• Proficient competency level in Health, Safety & Environmental.
• Strong ability to understand and adhere to processes and improve processes.
• Must be able to promote cooperation and work effectively as part of a team.
• Must be able to communicate easily among different departments and experience levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Physical Conditions/Work Environment:
• Required to travel to field locations.
• Able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Able to lift/move up to 50 pounds on regular basis, and occasionally lift/ move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• Able to deal with wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat/cold.
• Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.
Ensign offers a great team along with a competitive salary, with generous bonus and profit-sharing programs. We also offer a competitive benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, sick time, and much more!