Skills: Production Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Offshore Production Supervisor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
To monitor and control all hydrocarbon production and utility systems ensuring that production targets are achieved as defined.
- Co-ordinate activities relating to hydrocarbon processing, water injection and utility systems in accordance with company SHEMS and associated procedures
- Support the OIM and SHE Advisor with reporting of incidents and follow up investigations
- Provide support to the SHE team during planned regulator inspections (BEIS and HSE)
- As required, work in the Aberdeen Office attending HAZOP, TAR meetings etc
- Liaison / communicate with onshore Operations Engineer on production and water injection process issues and with onshore Production Engineers on well performance.
- As ISSOW Controller, ensure the effective administration of the ISSOW
- Troubleshoot as required to recover from production outages as they occur (providing 24 hour call out assistance as required)
- Closely monitor results of analysis ensuring optimal chemical usage and compliance with environmental policies
- Direct and control platform operations on start-up, or in the event of process upset, to minimise the loss of production
- Facilitate the execution of all platform maintenance and facilities scopes by maintaining close contact with Discipline Supervisors
- Ensure that all plant, processes and equipment function efficiently, with any failure of safety of environmentally critical elements to meet performance standards being reported immediately to the OIM.
- Consult with the OIM and advise him on a regular basis on all matters concerning plant, process, equipment and personnel
- Provide comprehensive information, logs and reports to ensure effective handovers on a shift-by-shift and back-to-back basis.
- As required, work on any other company operated field
- Manage and control the activities of the Production Teams in an effective, efficient and safe manner, including auditing to ensure adherence to relevant procedures.
- Provide positive leadership encouraging teams and team members to be a part of, and contribute to, achieving the business targets of the asset
- Ensure that supervised personnel are adequately trained and that competency is assured
- Complete Performance Reviews and act as competence assessor as necessary, including performance management if required
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, specialists etc either directly or as a result of activities supervised by subordinates
- Liaise with persons involved with the verification as to the fitness of purpose of the installation
- Liaise with agencies involved with the auditing of hydrocarbon metering facilities
- Liaise with other installations and control centres involved in the operation of pipeline systems.
- Able to manage day-to-day operational issues and lead the team to implementing appropriate action.
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Computer literate, MS Packages, presentation, planning and database systems
- The ability to share knowledge and skills when required and support and motivate others to achieve team goals
- A thorough understanding of offshore production and utility systems
- Appropriate project management experience.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management and Systems
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Thorough understanding and previous relevant experience of being a Permit to Work signatory
- Operational direction to onshore and offshore management
- Supervisory skills to include leadership and direction, delegation, coaching and mentoring and performance evaluation
- Project management, planning and scheduling
- Performance management, audit and investigation
- Experience in a similar position
- Trained and experienced as Deputy OIM
- IM Assessment to OPITO standard