Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
- Work both offshore and at Company's sites onshore.
- Work in Harsh Environments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To pilot & maintain the ROV system as directed by the ROV Supervisor, to carry out survey, inspection or work tasks for the client at offshore work locations.
- To evaluate the qualifications and performance of the ROV Operator/Technicians.
- To conduct a high quality, informative commentary of ROV operations onto video tape for presentation to Client.
- To maintain familiarity with Client data recording/reporting requirements and specifications for the operational activities which are being conducted in order to enhance quality of data capture
Piloting Skills/Navigational Ability
- Demonstrate the ability to fly an ROV to the worksite in all situations
- Provide instructions to junior crew members on flying techniques and tether management
- Demonstrate a mastery of the systems sonar operation
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the tracking system operation
- Ability to direct operation of ROV system
- Demonstrate a mastery of CTAG or other operating system
- Ability to direct system troubleshooting
- Allocation of maintenance tasks to appropriate technicians and ensure that procedures are followed
- Ensure that records are correctly completed and updated
- Re-ordering of spares and consumables according to company policy
- Ability to review and suggest improvements to preventative maintenance plan
- Can provide advanced instruction in the use of standard test equipment
Safe Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate ability to proper conduct and co-ordinate deck operations during dives and maintenance
- Show an understanding of how the environment, both surface and subsea, plays a major role in the operations
- Ability to accurately and effectively instruct or guide junior members on safe operating techniques
- Ability to produce clear comprehensive reports for onshore management and clients
- Ensure correct implementation of logs produced by junior crew members.
- Describe in detail, operation of ROV hydraulic systems (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Describe in detail, operation of ROV electrical and electronic system (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Provides instruction to junior crew members on hydraulic, electrical and electronic system
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities .
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- ROV Senior Operations Manager
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical or Mechanical/Hydraulic Engineering and/or recognised Trade Apprenticeship in similar discipline.
- Valid Offshore Medical
- Valid Offshore survival
- Completed all requirements for ROV Technician & have 150 hours piloting, 6 evaluations forms
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Proven track record in operating/maintaining Workclass ROV Systems engaged in following projects: -
- Construction Projects (Preferred)
- Survey (Preferred)
- Drill Support (Preferred)
- Intervention (Preferred)
- Workclass ROV Systems Magnum, Triton, Eyeball Systems, Triton XL, Trojan, Super Scorpio (Preferred)
Intervention Tooling: - TDU (Preferred)
Torque Tools (Preferred)
Injection Skids/Pumps (Preferred)
3 Phase HVAC Distribution Systems (Preferred)
- PC Literate
- Working knowledge of Word (E)
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.