Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Finance Business Partner
As Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for all financial processes and provide support to both Commercial and Operations of goal attainment and /or continuous improvement. You will drive improved working capital management in the Division, and support, as required, corporate restructuring and investment / divestment initiatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the quality of divisional financial reporting, including co-ordination of the periodic forecast, budget and strategy initiatives, within the framework for the UK organisation.
- Manage the month-end process with the business division to deliver accurate and robust valuation of Work in Progress, accrued income and direct cost accruals. Drive continuous improvement to meet time and quality constraints.
- Provide monthly management accounts for the division, to include analysis and commentary on monthly and year to date financial & KPI performance, balance sheet analysis and debt management.
- Co-ordinate preparation of the annual budgeting process and periodic corporate financial forecasts for the division in accordance with BV UK quality and timeline expectations. Drive continuous improvement in the quality of both via the implementation of appropriate measures.
- Champion the cause of accelerated cash generation across the business, from timeliness and quality of invoicing procedures through to cash collection (resolution of disputed debt).
- Act as an advocate and enforcer of robust internal financial control within the division.
- As embedded point of contact in the business, work with the CFD BV UK&I on business acquisitions and disposals to support completion of the project to agreed deadlines and results.
- Produce key elements of bids and tenders via utilisation of the standard business financial model and provide challenge to the division to ensure that business won delivers on BV requirements and generates profitable growth
- Support divisional management in the tracking of improvement initiatives in support of sustainable growth.
- Support in conjunction with Project Management Teams, the deployment of new business tools, ensuring that they are 'fit or purpose' and that the available functionalities are fully utilised.
- Provide ad hoc support as part of the wider commercial finance team.
- Quality of P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Budgeting and Forecasting accuracy.
- Accuracy of cut-off at period end (Month End, Year End).
- Reporting in compliance with Group and BV UK&I closing and reporting deadlines.
- Working capital performance.
- Level of financial literacy within the business.
- Robustness of operational drivers.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Proven financial management experience (services company).
- Proven-business partner experience.
- Ability to influence and question.
- IT literacy (advanced MS Excel, Access desirable).
- Project /change management
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.