Skills: Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Other Skills: Aircraft inspections
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oakland, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Flight Technician located in Oakland, CA California/United States through September 20, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 405063
The Senior Flight Technician will travel worldwide on the corporate aircraft and perform the duties of a Flight Technician and Cabin Attendant. The successful candidate will ensure that the highest level of safety and service standards are achieved as they relate to passenger & cabin safety, medical requirements, meal service and special requests. The Senior Flight Technician will be responsible for ensuring the proper mechanical functioning, repair and condition of the corporate aircraft while away from home base.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Performs pre and post flight aircraft inspections.
- Conducts thorough aircraft safety briefings.
- Provides for the care and comfort of passengers traveling on the corporate aircraft.
- Plan and procure creative meals that meet strict dietary needs and ensure that adequate commissary supplies, and food are stored before every flight.
- Excellent CRM skills.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and solutions related to passenger service, and office-in-the-sky capabilities onboard the aircraft.
- Maintains thorough and up to date knowledge of all aircraft systems and equipment.
- Coordinates aircraft servicing and maintenance while away from home base.
- Lead or participate in other special projects as assigned to enhance individual capability and improve the overall operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- FAA Aircraft & Power Plant License.
- 5+ years of experience as a Flight Technician operating Gulfstream aircraft.
- Valid U.S. Passport.
- Proficient and current in emergency evacuation procedures and medical-related training.
- Experience in large cabin corporate aircraft cabin service, catering & food preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact comfortably with senior level executives to establish and maintain control of the cabin environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Relocation may be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.