Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment, Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
If so, then look no further.
Chevron Canada is actively seeking students to participate in our internship program. This program is designed to give students exposure to the complexities and intricacies of the oil and gas industry with valuable hands-on work experience. It also highlights potential career opportunities offered upon graduation.
- Hands-on technical work projects which will expand your knowledge of the industry and accelerate your professional development.
- Training of industry and Chevron proprietary applications.
- Exposure to the latest technologies for exploration, production and reservoir management in a workplace dedicated to digital acceleration.
- Collaborative, high-performance work environments where integrity, diversity and teamwork are valued.
- Long-term growth opportunities within the company.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemicals and additives; and develop and deploy technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations.
Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way - by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We take great pride in enabling human progress by developing the energy that improves lives and powers the world forward.
Chevron Canada has been responsibly developing Canada's abundant energy resources for more than 80 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Chevron Canada has interests in oil sands projects and liquids-rich shale gas acreage in Alberta; exploration, development and production projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador; a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project and shale acreage in British Columbia; and exploration and discovered resource interests in the Beaufort Sea region of the Northwest Territories.
To learn more about Chevron Canada, visit Canada.chevron.com .
This internship opportunity has a targeted duration of 8 months, beginning in May 2020.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Human Resources Intern in Calgary; Canada until Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining accurate employee data records for the HRIS system.
- Assist with overall recruiting activity and process improvement for both experienced and campus hiring, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes and conducting interviews.
- Support the planning and execution of Chevron's annual Canadian campus recruitment activity.
- Provide analytical support to the compensation/benefits group including competitive analysis, cost and impact assessments, as well as compose recommendations.
- Provide support to employees on the administration of the company benefits plan.
- Research, and compile human resources statistics and practices. Produce reports, and make recommendations.
- Assist with support in the areas of onboarding, employee and leadership training, and tracking.
- Assist with the analysis of current policies, applicable market data and internal global practices to ensure our policies address timely concerns and support our growth initiatives in Canada.
- Respond to employee and management inquiries. If an inquiry requires other assistance, redirect it to the attention of the appropriate party.
- Perform various administrative duties including but not limited to filing, organizing, photocopying, drafting employee communication and correspondence, production of various reports etc.
- Promote the Chevron Corporate Values of Diversity & Inclusion, High Performance, Integrity & Trust, Partnership and Social Responsibility.
- Assist in ad hoc HR projects as needed.
- Pursuing Bachelors degree in Human Resources.
- Previous oil and gas related internship experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices, legislation and resources.
- Demonstrated high level of academic performance.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and problem solving skills with a high initiative to learn.
- Good communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with internal drive to succeed.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.