Job Description Employee Relations and Industrial Relations Advisor (ER IR Advisor) - Jurong Island Accountabilities Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
- Translate global ER philosophy to local ER Strategy and plan
- Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
- Provide country specific Employee Relations (ER) and Industrial Relations (IR) advice.
- Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line managers.
- Develop and execute country-specific culture and work environment programmes including health and welfare design and application
- Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D&I agenda for the Country
- Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues.
- Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
HSSE, Compliance & Ethics
- Manage Shell union consultation processes and requirements
- Develop and leverage relationship with Union and employer associations
- Represent Shell externally as a recognised expert in country-specific issues
- Prepare and manage CA negotiation strategy and manage external and internal stakeholders
- Prevent and manage industrial action
Capability and community building
- Sense (also through the line and HR Advice) what goes on in the organization, anticipate and proactively manage topics can could potentially grow into grievances
- Lead HR investigations, Global Help Line complaints and other grievances
- Ensure duty of care towards employees and contractors (worker welfare)
- Ensure robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific ER/IR content
- Collaborate with HR Expertise to ensure good solid knowledge of Labour Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and development
- Coach HR Advisors and Line Managers on quality ER, Ethics & Compliance matters.
- Proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in country, using data to proactively identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks
- Reports to Country ER/IR lead or HR Country lead
- Individual Contributor
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
• HR professionalism - protect Shell's license to operate. Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management:
• Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment.
• Organisational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
• Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills - able to distil key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.