Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Accounting Supervisor.
Assist NDS Controller to provide timely and accurate financial results/analysis and serve as point of contact for all Global geomarkets. Ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and Company's policies and procedures. Work with Nabors shared services personnel and systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of services provided to NDS. Supervise and review the daily activities of staff and drive continuous improvement.
• Prioritize, supervise and review all activities performed by staff and ensures all deadlines are met
• Manage monthly/quarterly close process ensuring all entries are accurate and processed timely
• Provide accurate and timely financial statements and reports to management
• Review analysis/reconciliations of income statement and balance sheet accounts and investigates deviations from forecasts or historical trends
• Serve as a point of contact for Operations for accounting/financial issues and questions
• Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team to complete forecast/budget.
• Coordinate interim and year end audit and provides assistance to external auditors
• Drive continuous improvement in the group and implement efficient and effective procedures; ensure all processes are correctly documented
• Develop staff via coaching and mentoring, while also recognizing employee accomplishments and providing timely constructive feedback
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities as required by Controller
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in following areas: Close process, Financial reporting, Audit, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
• Advanced skills in MS Excel; working knowledge of accounting systems (i.e. Oracle), well-developed financial analysis capabilities
• Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, able to multi task, and prioritize multiple projects.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and make effective decisions
• Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge
• Commitment to complete work within established time parameters and flexible enough to meet special project deadlines as required.
• Previous experience leading and supervising teams.
• CPA strongly preferred; MBA a plus
• Previous experience with intercompany agreements and financial controls
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs