Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary Purpose of Job
Undertake Reservoir Engineering studies of the QP operated oilfields to optimize field development plans as well as analyse reservoir and well performance data, and recommend acquisition of necessary reservoir engineering and surveillance data. Prepare detailed/integrated development plans for underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources and participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Construct/update dynamic black oil and compositional reservoir models for field development planning. Perform annual reserves review and generate long term production/injection forecasts. Provide on-the-job training for young engineers.
BSc in Engineering (preferably Petroleum Engineering) or Applied Sciences.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 10 years work experience in reservoir engineering activities.
• Good experience in constructing numerical reservoir simulation models (black-oil and compositional), model initialization, history matching, running sensitivities and predictions.
• Experience in transient well test design and interpretation, material balance modelling and performance prediction.
• Must have experience in mature carbonate fields and water flood projects.
• Experience in Field Development Planning and implementation, development optimization, well planning and proposal preparation, and reservoir monitoring.
• Must have working knowledge in PVT and SCAL data analysis.
• Must have strong teamwork skills. Experience working in a multicultural and integrated environment is a plus. Must be fluent in spoken and written English
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff and management.
• Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, using various techniques including DCA and simulation modelling, classification and booking (SPE PRMS or SEC standards).
• Experience with fractured carbonate reservoirs under waterflood, oil rim development and gas recycling projects.
• Desirable to have experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
• Desirable to have experience in horizontal well development and oil-rim development.
• Desirable to have knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment/management.
Software Knowledge/ Experience:
• Simulation - Eclipse 100/300• Petrel RE
• Fluid property modelling - PVTi, PVTSim
• Material balance - MBAL• Wellbore dynamics modelling - PROSPER
• Well test interpretation - Saphir
• Reservoir surveillance - OFM
• Using uncertainty software such as MEPO is a plus.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa